Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I'm Getting Closer to My Boat....


(With apologies to Grand Funk Railroad).
Well, the hull has three coats of paint, and the deck has two (so far) coats of varnish. Starting to look pretty good, if I do say so. Straps, bungee and seat back are the finishing touches. April launch looks assured.

Did have one minor setback. I won't be launching with a homebrew wooden paddle; my drawknife took a big chunk instead of a shaving. Best I can figure, I muscled it along a contour line in the wood. Oh well, that's why I have the other paddles.

If I'm lucky, varnish will be done this week with the finishing touches starting on the weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lookin' fantastic!!! Too bad about the paddle. You still have time to start and finish another. Don't you think?