Monday, July 14, 2008

Lofting Class


I spent this past weekend taking a lofting class in Beaufort, NC. For those of you who may not know, lofting is the process of taking the specifications from a set of plans and creating full-sized drawings.

Learned a lot in the class and enjoyed watching the boats. I particularly liked this one. According to one of the guys in the Watercraft Center, this boat is from the 1930's or 40's. That makes it about the same time that my Granddad Jack would have had his boat.


Had the opportunity to photograph a couple of residents as well.











Finally, here's me with the finished drawings.






















The museum offers several courses on different stages and types of boat building, so I figure I'll be down there again sometime soon.

More later!

No comments: