Sunday, November 11, 2007

So Did You Miss Me?




It's been a couple of weeks since my last post. To be honest, I haven't done a whole lot on the boat, but I did get some minor and one major tasks accomplished. I've cut out the components for the hatches, the coaming spacers, and the coaming ring. Today (with the help of my dear wife, Janet), I cut out the back deck. This is it on the boat, not yet attached, but it gives you some idea of how it'll look.


The strapping, clasps, and bungee for the hatchcovers and deck straps also were delivered since the last time I posted. I heard the UPS guy drive up and, when he didn't come to the door in a "reasonable" time, I went outside. I found him standing outside the garage admiring the boat. We talked about my experiences, and he left saying he might have to give it a try.

I'm hoping to glue the back deck in place Monday or Tuesday. This is one of those jobs that'll have to be completed once it's started, and there's not enough time to do it tonight. If I get it done, the front deck will be done next weekend. After that, the holidays start go get in the way.

No comments: