Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Hull is Glassed (almost)!


Ain't she purty? The hull has been fiberglassed with two (of what will be at least three) coats of epoxy. I'm hoping to get the third on tomorrow before I head up to West Virginia for a few days.






This has been the messiest part of the job so far. Overall, I'm pleased with my first effort but, as the pictures below show, mistakes were made. Hopefully, my little "clamp jobs" will help. I may have to see if I can find some kind of syringe to squirt epoxy into the gaps.






I doubt I'll get much more done this weekend than another epoxy coat, so won't be posting again until sometime next week. I'm out of town until Thursday, and Saturday Janet and I will be attending her family reunion. Slowly but surely, I'm getting it done.

No comments: