Sunday, October 7, 2007

Just a Quick Update

As I mentioned last week, Janet and I had a reunion to go to Saturday after I got home from a four day trip to West Virginia. While I would much prefer that my animals were healthy, one "advantage" of having to give fluids subcutaneously to a cat is that the needle is not reusable after two treatments (at least not for the intended purpose). We had a syringe left over from some earlier vet treatments that the needles fit into. I was able to inject epoxy into the worst of the voids and some of the lesser spaces before the syringe and needles gunked up too badly. Now I just have to wait for that to cure before shifting the boat around.

I'm going to spend a bit of time checking out the installation process for the deck beams. Those of you who have read the blog from the beginning will recall that my kayak is about six inches shorter than originally planned. I need to "guesstimate" what this will do for the beam and cockpit placement. Hopefully, I'll be able to put the beams in place this week.

More to come!!!

No comments: